1. CURRENT PHOTOGRAPHIC IDENTIFICATION of individual:
- Driver's license -- can be from any state, but it MUST BE CURRENT.
- Colorado ID card (issued from Colorado State Dept. of Motor Vehicles).
- Passport (must be current). Other current photographic identification card that lists birth date. (e.g., military ID, tribal ID, etc.).
- Matricula consular card (patron must also present proof of current [local] physical address ? the address on the matricula consular card cannot be used for proof of address)
2. Proof of CURRENT LOCAL RESIDENTIAL (STREET) ADDRESS
Current proof of residential (street)* address, which is acceptable, includes:
- Current driver's license
- Personal checks imprinted with address
- Postmarked mail
- Utility receipts/bills
- Rent receipts or leases with address
- Car registration/insurance card
- Property description (with owner's name) from title or insurance company or from the LaPlata County GIS website at arcims.laplata.co.us/laplataWEBSITE
- Parent's library card for juvenile registration
- Avouchment by current patron in good standing
Homebound PatronsPatrons who are Homebound and unable to come into the Library to get materials due to health problems or physical limitations may apply for a regular adult card. A family member or other caregiver, (designated by the homebound patron) may use the card to check out materials for the homebound patron.
High School StudentsAn individual presenting a current Durango, Bayfield, or Ignacio High School photo identification card is eligible for a library card. A parent or legal guardian does not need to be present, however, they must sign the registration card if applicant is less than 16 years of age.
EducatorAn individual working as a teacher in the library district is eligible for an Educator card. The card allows teachers special borrowing privileges to assist them in using materials for classroom use.
Partial Year (Temporary) ResidentsIndividuals who regularly reside in Bayfield or La Plata County on a seasonal basis or who are residing at an address which would normally indicate a temporary stay, such as a motel, hotel, or RV park are eligible for a borrower card with a use time from one to six months. The individual must be temporarily residing in Bayfield or La Plata County for at least one month to be eligible for a borrower card.
An individual residing at a motel, hotel or campground must produce a rent receipt that meets the following specifications:
- Verification of one month?s rent paid in advance (NOTE: We do NOT issue cards for people staying in the area for less than 30 days.)
- Date of rent payment extends 21-26 days after the library card is issued,
- The name and address of the facility must be on the receipt.
An individual staying with friends or relatives may bring the friend or relative to the library to vouch for them. The friend or relative must have a current library card and be in good standing. If an individual has an expired library card from a previous stay, that card may be renewed if proof of current local address and other information is shown.
A replacement for a lost card is $5.00.
Borrowers are responsible for informing the library staff of any changes pertaining to their patron record.
Borrowers are also responsible for abiding by all library policies, including responsibility for all library materials checked out on their cards and for lost materials and fines.
New books and audiobooks check out for two weeks. All other books, audiobooks, and music CDs check out for three weeks. Non-current periodicals check out for one week; current issue periodicals are not available for checkout until the new issue has arrived. New videos check out for three days. Older videos check out for seven days. Fines are $2.00 per day on each video. You may renew any item one time in person, by telephone, or by accessing your account in the library?s catalog. Videos are NOT renewable.
All Library materials must be returned at the circulation desk or in the library book-drop. To renew your materials, choose from the following options:
- Call the Circulation Department @ (970)884-2222, ext. 10.
- Visit the library Circulation Desk.
- Renew online through our library catalog:
Overdue NotificationsThree past due notices are sent by mail or email at seven (7) day intervals beginning when materials are seven (7) days overdue. One phone call is made following the three written notices at thirty (30) days overdue and charges are placed on the patron?s account for the item(s). Seven (7) days following the phone call notice, the patron will be sent a letter from the Bayfield Marshal with a list of the checked out items and the amount owed. Patron is placed on suspension at that time which blocks them from checking out materials or using the library?s computer services and a $20 collection fee is added to their account. If there is no response from the patron following the above notification procedure and the items are not returned to the library, accounts over sixty (60) days overdue will be placed with a Collection Agency.
How to place a hold:Once you have searched for materials in the library?s catalog, you can place a hold on an item that is currently unavailable by clicking the Request button from the menu at the top of the screen. Fill in your name and barcode (P plus the following five digits) and click on Submit. Fill in a pickup location and a hold cancel date (if desired) and click Submit.
There is a maximum of 5 holds per patron allowed at any one time. Holds can only be placed on items that are currently checked out, are ?On Order,? or are available on the shelf in the Mancos Public Library. If the items are on the shelf in the Lavenia McCoy Public Library, we encourage you to come to the library and retrieve the item(s) yourself or call the Circulation Desk to place the hold.
Save yourself time and money! You can receive your Hold and Overdue notifications via Email. Contact the Circulation Department and have your current Email address added to your patron record as your preferred method of notification. The library does not share email address and does not send spam.